Tuesday, March 4, 2008

New Beginnings

Yesterday we kicked off a new session of our online First Place group. This ministry has blessed my socks off for the past 6 years. I've enjoyed leading various online First Place groups, and as a result I've been blessed with new friends from all over the world. Each session runs for 3 months and we complete a Bible study together during that time. First Place is not a diet, but a program that helps us make healthy lifestyle changes. Our new study is called Renewing Hope and looks great. I can't wait to dig into it further!

I love the title of the new study, because many of us have lost hope and we need to renew our hope. Our hope is in the Lord! I know many Christians who are struggling with issues and feeling discouraged. We often lose hope because our sights are fixed on the wrong things or people. I love the following quote from Beth Moore's study Stepping Up.

"If I have low expectations, skewed feelings, and impaired spiritual hearing, my eyes are either looking in at myself or out at people and circumstances. God wants our eyes fixed upward like someone down on her knees at His feet. We tend to focus on the most obvious. God wants to equip us with a vision that sees higher, deeper, and broader than our physical realities."

I've been memorizing Psalm 62:5 this week. I've been feeling frazzled and overwhelmed lately and seem to be bombarded with excessive busyness and things I need to do. This small and simple scripture has been blessing my heart.

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
My hope comes from Him.
Psalm 62:5

Joni

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online