Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Goslings Have Arrived!



Every morning I've been rushing out to the pond to see if the goslings hatched yet. Today I was greeted by father and mother goose and their new babies. The parents got pretty aggressive when I tried to get up close, and I wasn't able to get quite as near as I wanted to. I still managed to get some great pictures and a few videos though. 

I've grown rather accustomed to the mother goose sitting on her nest in recent weeks.  Each day after work I would take my daily walk and then sit down on the pier next to where she was nesting. Once the goslings hatch, the geese don't stay around very long. Usually within a week or two they move on to a new location. It's a reminder to me that we should always take time to enjoy the things in life when we can, because tomorrow it might be too late.

post signature

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online