Thursday, September 4, 2008

Courted By The Most High


Sunlight flickered through the window of my home office, enticing me to put aside my work and go outside for an early morning walk. Without hesitating, I grabbed my camera and went downstairs, eager for an excuse to indulge myself in my new hobby of photography. The smell of the woods engulfed me as soon as I stepped out the door, reminding me that fall is almost here. The mountains exude a unique aroma in the fall of the year; a musky, sweet, spicy fragrance that is nearly intoxicating. Inhaling deeply, I was lured away into the woods, as if being courted by the Most High. The first light of day peeked between the towering trees creating a sunlit path for me to walk on, almost as if to woo me away from the cares of the day.


Meandering along the sunlit path, I was serenaded by charming bird songs resonating from the treetops; a captivating concert consisting of a cardinal’s song, the sweet twittering of the finches, and the pecking of a Woodpecker nearby. At times they sang solo, and at times they would join together in unison reverberating throughout the woods in heavenly harmony.


I paused to watch a butterfly dancing among the last of the summer wildflowers. Only a few yellow and orange blossoms remain on the spindly browning stems, permitting the flowers to command full attention amidst the end-of-summer foliage. The stellar performance of the butterfly dance seemed to be celebrating the beauty of the few enduring flowers.


A symphony awaited me by the side of the creek as I stopped to listen to the sound of the water trickling over the rocks, resounding forth its refreshing melody. The sun glinted through the leaves, creating a multitude of sparkling diamonds upon the surface of the water that sparkled in tune with the trickling symphony; a token of nature’s beauty.


Overcome with thankfulness for the beauty of a simple morning walk through the woods, I paused by a crooked little tree, that beheld a unique beauty of its own, to say a prayer of praise to the Most High; A prayer of gratitude to the One who blessed me with the sweet woodland fragrance, a butterfly dance, the creek’s symphony, sparkling diamonds, and a birdsong chorus. There is nothing like being courted by the Most High!


I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:1-2



No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online