Friday, June 26, 2009

Lessons From Nature

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song! Sing to the Lord all the earth. Sing to the Lord, bless His name; Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples. Psalm 96: 1-3

The sun peeking through my bedroom window lured me outside early this morning. I quickly got dressed, grabbed a bottle of water, and headed out the door. I made my way over to the pond and sat down on the pier overlooking the water. It was a perfect morning! A gentle breeze caressed my face as I inhaled deeply of the fresh mountain air. A woodpecker could be heard busily drilling away on a tree nearby. Crows seemed to be carrying on a noisy conversation in the distance. The reflection of the trees danced on the surface of the rippling water. The sky was a brilliant deep blue with just a few cotton-like clouds drifting across from time to time. Once again, I was amused by the lessons we learn just by observing the world around us.


As I gazed at the trees towering above me, I was reminded of God’s power and that we never need to fear we will be too weak to accomplish anything when we depend on him to help us. Every ounce of strength we need will be supplied by his hands. As the gentle morning breeze kissed my face, I was reassured that God is with us. Even though we can’t see him, we can feel his presence surrounding us. The reflection of the trees in the rippling water was a reminder that Jesus is to be reflected in our lives, so that others might come to know him. The song of the birds was a reminder that we have a reason to sing, for he died on the cross to set us free! And like the birds, we too must sing our Heavenly Father’s praise boldly, so that those around us will hear the joy resounding through our lives; the joy that comes only from knowing him.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online