Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Writing Nest




I've often been asked where I write and what my writing space looks like, and I've always enjoyed seeing the unique writing spaces of other writers. I decided I would share my little space for those who have asked. My writing room is humble, nothing fancy, but it is mine. I don't have to share it with anyone! It took me a long time to get a room of my own. While raising 4 children, finding any place to be alone was a rare luxury. When the children were little, I never dreamed I would have my own room one day. I thought it was only wishful thinking.

As we all know, time moves on and life changes. Children grow up and eventually move out and start lives of their own, ushering in new seasons and stages of life. When the children started moving out, I decided to convert one of the upstairs bedrooms into my home office. I could not believe I was finally going to have my own space to work and write in. I do medical transcription from home, so having an acutal room with a door that shuts is vital to my sanity. We didn't have a lot of money to spare, so I kept things simple. I finally had a place to put my bookshelves and the many books I had collected over the years. I plan to paint the walls a soft yellow this fall to add some warmth to the room. There is nothing like yellow to brighten up a room.

The room has a small offset at one end, which I turned into my quiet-time corner. It contains a rocking chair, small stand with a lamp, small bookcase to keep my CD player and devotional books within reach. A bouquet of my favorite silk flowers and a tea set add a "homey feeling." I'm quite content writing in my humble little nest and feel blessed to have a room to call my own.





1 comment:

Ramosforest.Environment said...

Beautiful warmy space.
Congratulations.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online