Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Reflections From The Clothesline


Call me crazy, but I love hanging out laundry! There is just something therapeutic about being outside, surrounded by God's awesome creation. I woke up to beautiful weather complete with an abundance of sunshine, bright blue skies, and a warm breeze blowing; a perfect laundry day. I was treated to a beautiful symphony of bird songs as I hung out the wash. Did you ever notice how the birds seem to sing more on bright sunny days? Then again, perhaps it's just my imagination! Birds were everywhere this morning. God not only provided a beautiful day complete with a bird song symphony, he also provided my comedy for the day. I smiled as I watched two Pileated Woodpeckers busy at work. God does have a sense of humor! Every time I see one of these woodpeckers, I have to smile. What was God thinking when he created them? They are rather odd looking creatures. Talk about a bad hair day. They were born with one!

As I sat down at the picnic table after hanging out the laundry, I thought about all the things we miss when we toss a load of laundry in the dryer. This is something I find myself doing more often than usual since I'm working more. Modern appliances are great, but I wonder how much we are missing out on when we rely on them. Are we missing a blessing? The blessing of being surrounded by God's creation; seeing the flowers blooming, feeling the warmth of the sun on our backs, the caress of a soft breeze on our face, and the singing of the birds. I'm so thankful for clothesline therapy and for the blessings God provides in the simple things of life.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online