Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Counting My Blessings


Temperatures have been colder than usual for mid November, and I've found myself dreading the frigid months ahead. I dislike cold weather and the winter months are my least favorite of all. I miss the fall foliage and being outdoors.

Today, I found myself already grumbling about the cold weather and it's not even winter yet. I knew I was going to be in trouble if I didn't get my attitude in check, so I decided I needed a little attitude adjustment! I know from past experience that it's hard to feel thankful while complaining, but it's also hard to complain while being thankful! I decided the perfect remedy for my complaining attitude would be to start counting my blessings each day. I have so much to be thankful for and God has blessed me in more ways than I can count. With Thanksgiving just a week away, I decided it would be good for me to post a different thing I'm thankful for each day over the next week through Thanksgiving day .


I'll start off today by being thankful for the soothing comfort of tea. Nothing evokes feelings of warmth and comfort like a cup of steaming hot tea, and I feel no kitchen would be complete without a tea kettle. I always had a fondness for tea pots and tea kettles, often hosting pretend tea parties with my dolls when I was a young girl. I still have the tiny blue and white china tea set I got for Christmas one year. Of all the gifts I received as a child, it was my favorite.


Tea and hospitality seem to go hand in hand, and time spent with friends is sweeter over a cup of tea. When I phone an elderly friend of mine to tell her I'm stopping by for a visit, she always says, "I'll put the tea kettle on!" It's always a treat to walk into her cozy kitchen and be greeted by the steaming tea kettle, and even more so on chilly evenings. There's just something about the clinking of cups and saucers that makes the world seem a little more peaceful.


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online