Monday, October 27, 2008

"Not So Extreme" Home Office Makeover


For those who have asked to see them, here are the pictures of the finished home office project!

Last week I decided to do a mini, not-so-extreme makeover on my home office, better known as my "Writing Nest." I kept it simple, using left-over paint from last falls kitchen remodeling project. I put new sage green curtains up and moved a few wall hangings around, nothing major. I love the color yellow, because it always makes a room look sunny and bright, and it's a nice change from the cold-looking white walls. It was a lot of work to move everything around and paint while working for my at-home job in between, but I am very pleased with the outcome and it was worth the effort.

The small offset corner in the room has always been my favorite part of my home office. It's nothing fancy, but I wouldn't trade it for the most expensive office in the world. While I'm busy working during the day, the small offset provides a visual reminder to take some time to be still and know my Heavenly Father. It's my place of rest; the place where I start each morning; the place where I can sip a cup of steaming tea, listen to music, read, and pray. I feel so very blessed to have a room complete with a "quiet time" corner to call my own.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online