Friday, October 24, 2008

A Special Thank You


I thank my God upon every remembrance of you
.
Philippians 1:3


Today is a special anniversary for me. Seven years ago, October 24, 2001, I became involved with a wonderful online ministry: First Place/Outlook. It has changed my life, and I am so grateful and thankful for the wonderful people I have met by belonging to this group.

I have grown so much in my faith through the online Bible studies we completed as a group (22 altogether, soon to be 23). I have made friends from all over the world, and many of these friends are like family to me. They are the first ones I call upon when I need prayer, and they are the ones who have truly been there for me more times than I can count. They have inspired me in so many ways, and always have time to listen and share encouraging words.


Since today is my First Place anniversary, I wanted to say a special thank you to each one of my First Place sisters in Christ for all you have done to inspire me to never give up and to keep going, no matter what. I won't mention specific names for fear I would forget someone. You know who you are! The encouragement and support you have given me regarding my writing has been a blessing, and I have appreciated every email, card, and letter that you have taken the time to send my way, always overflowing with your kind words and inspiration. What an incredible blessing you have been and continue to be in my life! Where would I ever be without each one of you?

When I started this blog, I was so afraid to step out of my comfort zone and share my writing, but as usual, as has happened many times in the past, it was you ladies who have become my biggest supporters and my cheering section. I probably would have given up by now if not for your thoughtful words.
Thanks again to each of you! I'm so thankful for the blessing of your friendship. I look forward to continuing our First Place journey together!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online